Welcome to The Tap Handle Show! This show is a celebration of beer and all things fermented, where we interview experts, rate beers, editorialize on the news, and play music from some of our favorite artists, all punctuated with sarcasm and cheesy sound effects.
The show consists of multiple segments including:
1. What’s On Tap – Interviewing experts in the beer industry from brewers, distributors, bartenders, store owners, etc. We will learn more from these experts including how they got started in the beer industry!
2. Ale Communications – Here we will be sharing some news in the beer world
3. Draft Pick of the Week – Our favorite segment each week because this is where we will be taste testing a beer for you. We will graciously take the hit for all of you and test a different craft beer and tell you our honest thoughts.
4. Ain’t We Got Style – In this segment we will discuss a different style of beer, what goes into that style, and give you some commercially available examples you can try.
5. The Pint is Half Full/Empty – In this segment we will be sharing our view on a particular story happening in the beer industry.
6. In the Kettle – Here we will discuss brewing. We will talk about tips and strategies for all those who like to make their own brew.
7. The Jukebox – We end each show with a song graciously given to us to share with our audience!
Draft Pick of the Week: Allagash Dubbel Reserve!
Allagash Dubbel boasts a deep red color and a complex malty taste. The finish is dry with subtle hints of chocolate and nuts. The yeast asserts itself by lending a classic Belgian fruitiness.
Description: Belgian Style Dubbel ABV: 7%
Profile: Deep Red, Dry, Nutty
Serving Temperature: 40°-50°F
Availability: Year Round
Package: 12oz bottle, 750ml bottle, 5.17 gallon keg
Ideal Within: One Year
- Gold, World Beer Cup 2008
- Silver, World Beer Cup 2000
Style: Belgian Dubbel – Style 18.b – Read more about this style at BJCP